Tuesday 18 December 2012

Back then and now


I don’t know what I did to the new yahoo mail, but somehow my mails got sorted and shown from the oldest to the most recent. 
I clicked on sent messages to look for a mail that I had sent a friend last week or so, and I happened upon mails that I sent as far back as 2001!

I began to read through them and somehow I found myself smiling at the way my thought processes ran back then. At the way I would have sounded to certain friends (who were the recipients of these mails) who are as much as a decade older than I am. They would have been my present age back then, and as I read the emails, I could not help wonder if they had smiled at my exigencies and my sometimes youthful outbursts in those days.

Some of those electronic missives made me smile; for friendships that were indeed true, for the faith and hope for a better tomorrow which I had back then.

However I was also moved to ponder on how much growth I have embraced in the last eleven years. Another year is drawing to a close now and I must say that it has been a rather eventful year; for me, for my family and even my country as a whole.

As I embrace the Christmas season, and look forward to a new year- hopefully with as many surprises and interesting events, I pray that I continue to blossom in maturity and that as I mature like fine wine, I do not lose the zeal  of my youth- at least not just yet, nor the perceptions which I have now acquired over time.
Compliments of the season!

1 comment:

  1. yeah, looking back can sometimes propel you into the future. We see our future in our past. Memories are amazing, good or bad, they shape you, mould you,...create you. Nice piece.

    ReplyDelete